Sunday, June 14, 2009

Making It Real

A few days ago I got a call from Mary T. letting me know that our Ethiopian daughter ("M") is in the Hospital....



We have been in the adoption process for over a year. Our hearts and minds are filled with lots of anticipation of who God has planned for our family. When we received the referral call we instantly fell for our new daughter; however, My husband and I, actually the whole family, felt a bit aprehensive. We had a couple let downs along this adoption journey already and did not know if this one, was truly "The One". When we got our court date, it was another glimmer of hope of what may come. All the updates and photos have continually touched our hearts as we fall even deeper for our dear "M". Still wondering, in my mind at least; is this really who God has planned for us, or will things fall through? Then of course, the biggest call of all; PASSING COURT, I think that call from Mary T. will be forever embedded in my memory. She is ours. Ethiopia here we come...



But, what truly ancored the reality of "M" being ours was the hospital phone call. "M" and several other children ended up in the hospital due to high fevers and dehydration. They were put on medication and have since been taken back to their care home. The thought of my daughter in the hospital, without a parent made my heart ache. I wanted to be there in Ethiopia taking care of MY daughter!! I wanted to sit beside her through the night, hold her hand and stroke her hair. My baby needed us...we weren't there...but, we will be in six days.

She truly is ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment